Little Lord Fauntleroy
Free Movies for Kids



Free Movies for Kids

Little Lord Fauntleroy is a delightful film about a little boy and his mother who travel to England on discovering the boy's right to an aristocratic title. The story is based on a novel written in the late 19th century and includes American and English sets.

The film cleverly broaches the subject of stereotypes but is thankfully not unrealistically politically correct, instead showing that stereotypes are there for good reason but exceptions always exist. The message of the story is that good people can be found where you least expect them. Duty is also a strong message that comes from the film as is responsibility. The story includes a good comparison between the boy and a visitor. I pointed out the differences between the two to my daughter and she nodded enthusiastically, clearly showing a preference for the nicer boy. This contrast is also seen in the two mothers and the awful mother provides a good message about how to spot a charming cheat. These subtle messages all add up.

The ending was exciting too.

I was surprised I enjoyed this film so much as I was reluctant to start with. I must admit the boy's hair put me off somewhat but luckily I managed to get over it!

The verdict: Not to be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment